Monday 5 August 2013

Robert Baratheon

Like many i have interest in Game of Thrones and i love the books. So with this i have started a new project (opps) and it isn't based on Game of Throne but based on the battles prior to which the books and TV series are set. I want to do Roberts Rebellion or The War of the Usurper if you are a Targaryen.

Some great details of the Rebellion here http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Robert%27s_Rebellion

I'll be building forces for the housesHouse Baratheon,House Stark,House Arryn and House Tully  and looking to use Dux Britannium and maybe Saga for the rules.

 I have started painting some of the Fireforge Sergeants up as Baratheon soldiers. I picked up more of the boxes along with Claymore Castings figures at Claymore on Saturday so i hope to start getting on with the project. I think ill use the War of the Roses box sets as well to give me differences in the armour styles etc.

I also got the Percy figure from Claymore Castings and he will be my Robert Baratheon. I have made some modifications to him as well mush to the disappointment of David Imrie haha. The antlers are from a Bretonnian Knight from Games Workshop. I removed the sword and replaced it with a Claymore Castings Warhammer and added some greenstuff to make it bigger. Not sure if im happy about it though as sculpting isn't my best talent ha.




Follow This Blog !!!

3 comments:

  1. This does indeed sound interesting!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful figure !
    Very good idea this war before the story of the saga !

    ReplyDelete